1. To determine appeals by parents and students against the decision of the Director of Children's Services on pupil and student support.
2. To determine appeals by parents against the decision of the Director of Children's Services on boarding education matters.
3. In respect of school and college transport, to determine appeals:
(a) against the decision of the Director of Children's Services in cases of need and in special circumstances and
(b) on safety grounds.
4. To determine appeals against the decision of the Director of Children's Services on the provision of transport to denominational schools.
5. To consider applications for discharge from mental health guardianship.
6. To refuse or revoke parking concessions for disabled and blind people on the grounds of misuse.
7. To determine disputes arising from financial assessments of persons admitted to the County Council's residential accommodation or any registered residential or nursing home where the County Council is responsible for funding all or part of the persons care.
8. Within the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998, to review the Authority's decision, when required to do so by an individual who is the subject of personal data held by the Authority for the performance of its education, social services (and housing) functions and who is aggrieved by any decision concerning his/her access to or rectification or erasure of that personal data.
9. To determine appeals in respect of applications for disabled parking bays.
7 members of the County Council (not being members of the Cabinet)
Reserve members for each political group represented on the committee are also appointed to ensure that meetings can be arranged at short notice.
Support officer: Liz Eaton, Democratic Services Officer. 01305 225113 - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 01305 225113
Web site: www.dorsetforyou.com